Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Won! I Won!!

Thought you got rid of me, huh? Thought planet earth finally had enough and spun me right off? Nope. My darling son infected me with daycare-itis. Meaning I got a temperature of 101.7 and a hideous stomach flu for 5 days. Good times, good times. Okay, a lot of bathroom times, but still...

Awarded Bits

I won an award!

No, really.

Stop laughing.

I can wait...

Is it out of your system yet? Good. Now, the lovely Becca at No Smoking in the Skull Cave gave me a Dardos Award. Becca said that the best part of this award was that you get to pass it on....ummmm no. Best part? I won an award!!! Second best is the paying it forward.

The Dardos Award is described as thus: An award given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

Now here are the rules:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.


2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

Easy, yeah? Some of these people may have won this before, I don't know. I do know that they're five of the personally done blogs that appear in my feed reader that I read daily without fail. Here they are, in no particular order:

Rich is a helluva nice guy and his blog is a geek goldmine. Doing everything from comics (funny that, what with the name and all), to toys, to movies, to TV (his Lost posts are especially entertaining.)



SamuraiFrog is just someone who does his blog to entertain himself. If others happen to be entertained as well? Bonus. His political rants are epic.


Darius Whiteplume does a fabulous shrine to the female form. What's really nice is that it goes through the ages, and Pam Grier week is coming up!


Rokk Krinn and his fellow contributors do some of the most in-depth and wonderful weekly comic reviews out there. I never miss it and always wait until I've read what he's reviewing. I may not always agree, but he always backs up his points.


Dr Zaius knows that apes can do it better, and continues to show us how in his blog. This is a man...er...ape can do a political cartoon capable of making you shoot your morning coffee out of your nose at supersonic speeds.

Once again, Cheers, Becca. Make sure and check out hers and all the other people's blogs I've mentioned. Thanks.

No comments: