Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How Did I Know.....

That my Obama high wouldn't last that long?


Friends from Cali are telling me that Prop 8 has narrowly passed. How in this day and age can people vote for hate? How do they justify that in their minds? "These people's idea of happiness sickens me. Sure it doesn't hurt me, but it's against the laws of god and therefore it should be against the laws of man as well. People of the same sex marrying won't hurt me in the slightest, only give ALL people the same rights under the law, but I don't think it's right."

I'm not even for striking down this proposition because my mom is gay. That's her choice, and no matter what law passes I'll never introduce someone as my mom's wife. It just wouldn't ever happen. Does that mean I don't think she should be able to enjoy the same protection and rights under the law that straight people do? Fuck no! The people of California elected these judges that sit on their state supreme court to make the ultimate law making decisions in their state. To interpret the law. Now, because it's against what they learned in fairy tal...er, Sunday school more than half of the Californian voters choose to oppose this. WWJD? Isn't that popular among Christians? What would Jesus do? He'd probably say live and let live. If no one is getting hurt, it's their choice.


On to the other depressing news...the sneakiest fucking plan I've heard of in this election. Presently, Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, indicted on seven counts of falsely reporting more than $250,000 in gifts and services he received from an oil services company that helped renovate his home, is WINNING by 3353 votes with 99% of the votes counted! What the hell is wrong with the people in that state?!!? But, that isn't the capper. That would be that if Stevens does win, everyone's favourite boofhead Governor Sarah Palin will have to appoint someone to fill his seat. The rumour circulation on MSNBC right now is that Gov Failin may appoint...wait for it....wait for it....HERSELF to fill his seat!!! I knew this woman was evil, but this is beyond the bloody pale!

No comments: