Monday, February 2, 2009

Interesting Bits X

While surfing the interwebs I found these. My weekly (or so) post called Interesting Bits.

"Look, Mummy! The man put up a bunch of links on his blog. How original!"

TV

Still thinking that Lost might have a chance of eventually making sense? I may have found the brightest glimmer yet. Lost: A Theory of Time Travel has an amazingly thought out idea about what the hell's going on. The timeline starts in the 1800's! Well worth a read.

A someone at British school promoting it's Be Healthy Week thought it was a great idea to invite a pole dancer for the kids to learn from. From ABC News.

Movies


Perhaps someone finally told Mickey Rourke that if his is actually gunning for the Best Actor Oscar for The Wrestler appearing in Wrestlemania XXV isn't the way to go. Check out the hoopla at Defamer.com

Heh. Confused book store fans mob Michael Jackson mistaking him as Rorschach from Watchmen.


Comics

The most inappropriate out of context screencap. From Justice League.


Oh, and I found a new blog, Geek Orthodox. Okay, my favourite part are the posts of female comic con goers dressed as characters. Here's someone who I'm guessing is supposed to be Poison Ivy:


News of the Weird

I hear people (generally over 40) all the time lament the passing of actual newspapers. Here's an article I found stating: Printing the NYT Costs Twice As Much As Sending Every Subscriber A Free Kindle. But that would make too much sense, right?


This I found via Warren Ellis. There's a widespread movement in Russia to organize Orthodox-Christian churches in old railway cars:


Sure this one could be filed under Comics, but it's weird to me. I would've got it. Obama Disappointed Cabinent Failed To Understand His Reference to 'Savage Sword of Conan' #24


Can I just say on a personal note how nice it is to have a President who wants to keep his Blackberry so his daughters can always get a hold of him?

No comments: